Download the Complete Student Handbook Here
COVID-19 Advice and FAQs (Click here to find out more version 2 Updated 12/02/2021)
Why is your your re-accreditation course over a full day?
The AQF3 course that ChemCert offers is a one day refresher course due to requirements under ASQA. A day course is considered best management for anyone handling restricted chemicals as this will keep their knowledge as up to date as possible. The course is structured so that students will understand what has changed (i.e. legislation) as well as reinforcing good chemical handling practices.
By attending this course, students have the opportunity to expand their knowledge base through discussion with their trainer and fellow students.
Do you have a database of everyone with a Chemical accreditation in Australia?
There isn’t one central database for everyone with a chemical accreditation because each RTO maintains their own list of students they have provided training for in accordance with government requirements. Information may occasionally be shared by RTOs due to affiliations or associations. The only government record of all your training courses is (as of January 2015) your Unique Student Identifier (USI) account.
Is there a chance that the course might be cancelled?
We make every effort to source students in the local area and those within a one hour travel radius for each of our courses. Occasionally, we find that due to adverse weather events, local industry schedules (such as harvest or lambing seasons) or other factors, we need to postpone a course or merge it with another close one. If you want to increase the chances of getting a course running in your area, you could tell your colleagues and neighbours about us.
Why don’t you run a course in my town (suburb, area)?
As a general rule we plan courses in areas in which we believe they have the best chances of going ahead.
If you do know a number of people who need training in the area, please let us know as we can schedule a course if the demand is there. If you work for a large company or major regional employer, ask your HR/Training department to consider calling us regarding an in-house course (for groups of 10 or more).
Why do I need to refresh every 5 years?
State legislation governing Chemical Accreditation varies, but it is a requirement for all users of restricted chemicals to keep their knowledge up to date. The 5 year reaccreditation is a best management practice nationwide,
Why do I need a USI?
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) number was brought in by the Federal Department of Education and has been implemented as of January 2015. It allows the government to track who is doing what education and it also provides one place for students to track their own education as paper records can be lost, damaged or stolen. The legislation that covers this requires everyone undergoing training from any RTO (whether it’s a ticket like a Chemical Accreditation or a full course like a Uni degree) to have this number so that records can be maintained.
I enrolled online for my course. Why didn’t I get confirmation straight away?
ChemCert staff double checks enrolments before finishing the processing of them to ensure that your information is correctly handled and that you get the correct information. E-learning course confirmation details will be sent by close of business (5:00pm EST) on the next business day after you enrol. Day course confirmations are sent by the Friday of the week prior to the course. If there are any issues, we will call and message you.
If I have trouble reading and writing, how can I complete the course?
Anybody who has Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) difficulties can receive help to complete the course. Just notify us when you enrol in the course about your learning needs and we can offer you several options including:
- The Trainer / Assessor can provide you with extra assistance as time allows
- You can bring a person with you to act as a scribe or help you to read the course material
Please complete our online LLN quiz to identify if you have any LLN requirements prior to the course. click here to start the quiz.
Does ChemCert offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
Yes, ChemCert does offer RPL. It is an assessment based RPL, where students are to complete the assessment workbook and video themselves undertaking the practical assessment (if required). The workbook and video are then to be sent to one of our designated trainers for marking.
Cost per course is $500 and needs to be paid prior to sending out coursework. Call the enrolment centre for more details or to apply.
Due to the licencing outcomes, and that most of our courses are short courses, we prefer students to undertake the course.
ChemCert Training Group is committed to providing cost effective training and assessment services and upholds transparent pricing policies and a competitive fee structure. Fees and charges are reviewed as needed to ensure they remain competitive. Any fees and charges will be advised to the student before they commencement the course.
Refunds and Cancellations
ChemCert is committed to providing cost effective training and assessment services and upholds transparent pricing policies and a competitive fee structure. Fees and charges are reviewed as needed to ensure they remain competitive. Any fees and charges will be advised to the student before they commence the course. We prefer upfront payment upon enrolment, or an invoice will be generated for the employer/company.
Face to face courses
• The Payer (Student or Employer who has paid for the course) may apply for a refund if the Student or Employee has not attended the course. The Employer may un-enroll the Employee and receive a refund or the Employer may choose to enroll a different Employee.
• A refund will not be offered if a student has attended the course.
• If a student is unable to attend the face to face course, the student may cancel the course and another date will be offered.
• A cooling off period of Ten (10) calendar days applies to the online course. This period commences from the date the student receives login details. The Payer (Student or Employer who has paid for the course) may apply for a refund during this period. After the cooling off period has passed any request for a refund will be considered if the Student or Employee has not logged in or circumstances have made it impracticable for the student or Employee to continue with the course. The Employer may enroll a different Employee if the previously enrolled Employee has not logged in.
• A refund will not be considered if the student has logged in and completed any course work and/or thirty (30) calendar days have passed.
• Students have the option to transfer to a face to face course at any time, at no extra cost and is subject to course location availability. If a face to face course is unavailable, students may receive a refund minus a $50 administration fee.
Privacy Of Information
How we protect and store personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Australia where our facilities are located as well as through the Bank system managed by NAB Australia. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorisation controls.
How we use your collected information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide ChemCert Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customise, measure, and improve ChemCert Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- deliver targeted ChemCert marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other people and organisations and use it to improve and personalise ChemCert Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us please simply unsubscribe upon first contact with our digital advertising.